Thursday, February 24, 2011

March Brings Promise...J. Crew, Spring Emerging!

From the cover to new items, J. Crew brings "promise" and what I mean by that is hope, potential and a great return to their pretty classics!  Finally, I am taken by their very Spring-like cover and a beautiful palette between the pages.  This is the first time in awhile that I've really been excited about what lies beneath and have some early favorites for sure.

I love, love, love the Deveaux sandals.  I will be eager to see if these come in a poppin' color come Summer, but for now am keeping my eye on the "toffee".

I am on board with their styling suggestions and themes tied to motifs (from Paisely to floral and madras) mixed with contrasting textures and vibrants accents.  Now, if I can only pull this off!  Some days I feel braver than others.  I think this sort of mixing takes  a bit of confidence.

This sailor stripe boy shirt is fabulous!  And in true J. Crew form, gotta love how they can updo the copy text even on a basic dress shirt.  They say:


"The boyfriend shirt, reimagined in an insanely plush slub cotton twill fabric (we washed it with a special softener to get it as cozy as possible) and in the mariner stripes that we love. With a classic silhouette, updated with seams at the bust for a subtly feminine fit. Long roll-up sleeves."


Insanely plush slub cotton?!  I will have to touch it to believe it :)!

Seriously, I love how they have this styled with the skirt, but would be super pretty with jeans and a wide belt.  Or, could be a terrific shirt under suit or with a pencil skirt.  This will be a "must buy" for sure.
I will take anything in this cornflower (blue) on the cotton Alexi sweater.  In this range of colors they are all what they call "speckled" which adds a little texture to an otherwise very basic item.  Pretty nonetheless and my second favorite is the speckled cerise.

Page -28- of the catalog has the sun-drenched sweatshirt and once again I am drawn to this blue called "abstract blue".  I love the heavy terry and 3/4 length sleeves.  The shorter length is fun so will be the perfect lounging sweatshirt over a long tee.

I previewed the Maritime dress a few posts ago, but the stripe is "sail blue".  Are you starting to pick up on my "blue love" here?  I just love it!  Very fresh and represents water, so please bring on the rains as I am getting tired of the snow!

My super wish -- the Mackintosh Kilmany coat in ruby (also page -48-).  At $950, really - one thing that J. Crew is consistent with, infusing an over-the-top item that seems to stretch the boundaries both in look and the wallet...this is a long way from the slub tees and chino shorts.  A girl can dream, right?!  I really just adore the ruby red.  All I have to say is that this water-resistant, bonded cotton better keep a girl absolutely dry!


On pages 64 and 65, I really like the Corsa collection handbags and the Portia pant.

I am "digging" the tote in sand dune which is a happy medium between a light pink and peach...  It has a "vintage" look as they describe.  I've seen this twice at the B&M and so wondering how many times I will walk by it before I actually purchase it!

The wool Portia pant is one of the prettiest I have seen in awhile, but I so hope the "off the runway" sizing goes past a size 8!  Some of us are a little curvier than that.  This seriously looks like it would be flattering on many sizes and shapes.  The fold-over waist is a lovely detail that I have not seen elsewhere.

So those were my early picks.  I was not horrified by anything (thank goodness)!  Items like that tinsel pouchette last season about pushed me over the edge!  I feel that JC is returning to a prettier, more classic with an edge direction offering a nice range to make the preppy, corporate gal and/or light-hearted rocker happy.  What are your favorites?  Do you love the colors as much as I do?  Were there any items that took your breath away!

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Anna and so glad that you follow! Thanks for your support and I will be checking yours out as well.

    ReplyDelete