Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Little Crewzy for Eileen Fisher's Spring 2011 Preview!

Last Spring, Eileen Fisher's pieces caught my eye and I had purchased one in particular.  The crinkled cotton/steel trench made me fall in head over heels in love with the line.  I love the simplicity, but was actually initially attracted to this jacket because it was something I had not seen in the way of a traditional trench before.  Not only from a textural standpoint, but the actual way it fit my body was so feminine.  I get more complements on this pretty little tie-coat than just about any Spring jacket I wear.  It has a subtle shimmer which the picture does not do justice.

The Spring 2011 preview is up on EF's site and is absolutely beautiful with bursts of color.  I love the masculine military green color represented through a feminine little dress.   I also love that autumnal burnt orange which can represent Spring just like Fall but lighter, airier.

I think the unexpected is what draws me to the pieces. The steely grays remind me of Spring storms and love the infinity linen wrap in the bright mustard which pops like a different daffodil.  I think the draping is prettier than usual. I also love how EF continues to use a blend of ages and ethnicities with the models used in their campaigns.  There is a sense of empowerment that comes with this line.

I adore the Cascading jacket in linen viscose stretch (left).  The draping is so pretty and love the belted look. This could easily be a jacket or a modern blazer which is the beauty of Eileen Fisher in my opinion.  The simplicity matched with a subtle line make each piece a classic with a stroke of modernity.

I can't help but yearn for Spring with colors like lemongrass, rhubarb (in cashmere sweater to the right), dapple and dark pearl. The fabrics range from cashmere, organic cotton, silk georgette crepe to linen and are those that grace our skin Spring into Summer.

Also, take a peek at the Spring preview video.  What are your thoughts on Eileen Fisher's Spring preview? Are you a loyal follower or have never purchased?  Do you love these colors for Spring?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to check out Eileen Fisher. I love her stuff, but it is usually out of my price range. I had a dress from 6 years ago, that I recently gave away, because I wore it to death, but it was still in pretty good shape. While pricey, her clothes are a good value. I love the preview that shows each month, plus the video of real women in the clothes. The modern aesthetic is great looking, but the color pallet is sad-more pieces in pretty colors would make her collection more appealing to me. I look terrible in gray and have too much black already. I'd suggest navy, or even chocolate brown as alternate neutrals. I will be checking out their boutique next time I'm at the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very pricey. In fact, when I bought the crumpled steel trench, I waited for it to get marked down a couple times and it was still very expensive! I agree with you on the colors...would be great to see more pops in color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a HUGE fan of EF and generally purchase several pieces each season - pricey but unique and mixable with other pieces in my closet. Her pieces are the ones I tend to gravitate toward in my closet (and have several pieces from many years ago which I still wear). LOVE the simple/modern aesthetic - but do wish she did a bit more color - there are only so many black and gray pieces you can have! By the way - LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete