Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Julianne Moore for Talbot's Spring 2011...Gorgeous, Imaginative & for Every Woman!

Talbot's has done it again, that is for me at least.  They've lured me in with stunning and imaginative, almost fantasy-like photographs.  And I cannot imagine a more beautiful and "real" celebrity model to represent Talbot's like Julianne Moore!  She looks like a pretty little fairy and I just adore how Talbot's has placed her with their Spring line of gorgeous new clothing items and accessories that are stunning.  

The tuileries floral skirt is definitely on my wish list and comes in a swing jacket with the same beautiful print.  I also love the satin puff sleeve blouse in aqua blue.  I could have every color of this blouse from chartreuse to creme caramel, who could resist!  The floral stone bib necklace is so beautiful and validates my continued love for giant gems!  

I was so excited for Talbot's Spring and was even more thrilled with Julianne Moore as the "face".  Do you love the line?  How about Talbot's picking Julianne Moore?  It seems to be a trend with such pairings including J. Crew and Lauren Hutton, Ann Taylor and Katie Holmes...does this help the brands?





One last item on my wish list - I love this poplin full skirt and the chartreuse is growing on me for Spring, like pretty forsythia or Summer's yarrow.  It has kind of a retro 50's appeal to me, but very feminine and a nice diversion from the pencil skirts at least in my wardrobe which are taking over.  The skirt also comes in Geraneum, Marzipan, Sweet Almond and Black.  It is priced at $79.50, so a pretty reasonable price point given it's Talbot's and sure to last a few seasons at least.




2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of celebrity-for-retailer campaigns. I think they've proven to lack a return on investment. The thing for me is that I tend to associate the person's personal life in some way. Like Milla Jovovich for Ann Taylor? Her marijuana incident popped into mind and that aside, I really couldn't see her honestly choosing to wear AT clothing without the financial compensation.

    I recently read an article about Julianne Moore as interviewed by Tom Ford. In it she talks about how she never dresses up unless she has an event and otherwise can't get out of her yoga pants. As far fetched as it is, I guess I like to imagine the possibility of bumping into the celebrity at the store because she really wears the brand. Not that she is smiling, lounging and caressing the clothes because she got paid bookoo bucks. I love her career and I think she's a good choice because there's no scandal behind her, but I don't aspire to be her or any other celebrity so there's no extra lure for me when I see her in Talbots clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan either, just get a model to wear the clothes

    ReplyDelete