Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jenna Lyons & Marissa Webb Share "5 Wake-Up-Your Wardrobe TRICKS! People StyleWatch February 2011

Still Lifes by Don Penn

People's StyleWatch February 2011 magazine issue features Expert Tips in their "Fashion" section.  Jenna Lyons and Marissa Webb are featured on page -70- as "J. Crew's top stylemakers" and they give "5 Wake-Up-Your-Wardrobe TRICKS" which will freshen your look!

Of course they share "7 picks from their line" and I personally love the "Cora" silk romper.  I am not sure my curvy shape would be caught in this little number, but I love the teal print.  Jenna suggests to "pair it with a glam necklace and tights".  I think I could do that and maybe with a pair of simple riding boots?

I also love the "statement shoes" featured as their Linen-cotton heels.  These definitely look like more of a Spring, Summer number and am still adoring the lace tie-up look.

I like Marissa's advice to "work casual jewelry".  I find this can work any stale wardrobe out of a rut.  Jewelry can dress up a minimalist outfit or add a bit of classic when paired with a bohemian top and jeans.

And remember the dress that Malin Akerman is shown in!  I loved this print so much. I hope there are some pretty prints to come real soon for J. Crew.  I am ready to see some stand-outs for sure.  Oh, I love both the outfits that Jenna and Marissa are wearing for this article.  Jenna's lace shirt paired with the masculine camo pants are rockin'.  She continually reinforces the juxtaposition that works between masculine and feminine.  Her blunt haircut definitely looks fresh too! And I always have a pretty white blazer in my wardrobe as Marissa is wearing.  I think that the Memorial Day rule of no white before no longer applies?  Alexis, feel free to share with your fellow JCAs!

2 comments: