Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jenna Lyons & Rachel Roy at the Kate Betts Book Party...Vogue.com

Photographed by Mimi Ritzen Crawford

NYC, 02.09.2011


Both Jenna Lyons and Rachel Roy (two of my absolute favorite creatives/designers) were photographed by Mimi Ritzen Crawford at the Kate Betts book party in New York City (featured through vogue.com under "Parties"..  

By the way, if you were not already a loyal follower, www.vogue.com is a guilty pleasure for sure.  I love checking out great party photos such as the ones I've attached.

From Vogue's article:
"I had the idea when the Obamas went to Europe on their first trip and met the Queen of England," said Kate Betts Tuesday night at the party for her new book, Everyday Icon: Michelle Obama and the Power of Style (Clarkson Otter). "I saw them on this global stage, and the pageantry of it inspired me because I like writing about style in a cultural context—and especially in a political context."  And, apparently, many like reading about style as much as Betts likes writing about it because the festive room at Milk Studios boasted the likes of Calvin Klein, Rachel Roy, and J. Crew’s Jenna Lyons."

I love that Jenna manages to look boyishly, femininely cute with her oversized glasses, fabulous heels and cropped pants (a J. Crew regular combination) and looks like she had also snuck in a military-inspired shirt or blazer?  I really don't know how she can pull off so many trends in one outfit including an over-sized animal-print bag (love that too!).  Do you think it is too much or charmingly Jenna?  

Photographed by Mimi Ritzen Crawford
And in classic Rachel Roy style, a beautiful combination of florals with a stunning pencil skirt and ultra-feminine, abstract floral-print trench infused with teal (one of my favorites for early Spring so far!).  Rachel always looks polished with her gorgeous hair pulled back and beautiful, chunky jewelry.  I have recently been on a kick for Rachel's pieces and love them even more with a sale!  I linked to the outerwear sale and so you know, I had previously purchased the faux curly lamb swing jacket which is adorable and unbelievably warm (below, right).

I love both of these women's sense of style which is obviously reflected in the pieces they sell.  I also think it is pretty cool that they both stay true to the trends they speak to and pretty consistently wear publicly.  Jenna is very funky and Rachel so feminine, but both equally beautiful in different ways.  What do you think of Jenna and Rachel's outfits?  Are you a fan to one or the other?  How would you describe your day-to-day style and which designer to speaks to you most?

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment