Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Worth the Wait!



My most recent spend was on the stretch flannel del pelato dress from J. Crew.  It fits beautifully with just enough stretch to feel comfy.  It is very fitted through the waist and has a very classic look.  It is heather carbon in color and the neckline is probably the sweetest part.  It is layered chiffon (black and carbon) petal like layers.  It breaks the simplicity of the dress.  I did order one size up as I suspected it was pretty fitted waist up - good call!  At $99 (originally $178) with 20% off week and a half ago, it turned out to be a nice little investment piece.  I still don't think I can pull off these looks with ankle socks and booties or with the shirt underneath?  Anyways it is a lovely semi-conservative dress that will make it through a few seasons.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! And what a great price, too.

    I think I'm the opposite of you in JC dresses - my (vacant) top half has no trouble fitting into the dresses - I order up for the hips/butt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, actually - once i got home and tried it on again - was glad I ordered up for my hips/butt as well! It wasn't super tight, but fitted enough.

    ReplyDelete