Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sparkly baubles, treasures found.


A couple posts ago I stated that I really wasn't a "big" jewelry kind of girl, but for some reason I keep getting drawn to more sparkly baubles.  Maybe it is this dreary time of year.  There is something very fun about looking into your jewelry box and seeing these finds.  The one on the top is a pendant by Ben- Amun which I got through Gilt Groupe.  If you are not a member let me know and I can send your email as a friend to get signed up.  They run fabulous sales on many designers.  Interestingly the cocktail ring below I picked up right after Christmas at Banana Republic and they look like they are a set!  So I am thrilled and love the purple which I have been all over this season.  So I found two great finds which look like they were made for each other!  One last suggestion, if you love statement jewelry, make sure that you check out Charm & Chain which features some fabulous jewelry designers including Fenton and Fallon which J. Crew recently collaborated with on the Carrington crystal bow necklace.  Alexandra Galgano is the founder of Charm & Chain and has a phenomenal representation of jewelry + meets art.  There are great sales on there as well and follow the blog!

5 comments:

  1. Love the sparkly baubles! And the match with the BR ring is impressive.

    It's funny...I was always a subdued jewelry person...but I have become a much more statement jewelry dresser over the past couple of years. Maybe I'm coming into my own style? I think it works with my usually quite simple, classic style of dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps that is my case as well. Three years ago not sure I would have been caught dead in this jewelry and I just love it now. I remember when I was little, my grandma always wore big statement jewelry and I used to think, "Wow, she is really confident"! Pretty cool too that my 70 year old grandmas still had an eclectic sense of style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that you mention your grandma. Mine passed away last fall and one of my fave necklaces to wear is a mixed pearl/crystal strand (that I rescued from the pile of "junk jewelry" being passed on to my 7-y.o. daughter) that I usually mix with my JC twisted crystal necklace. And it's my grandmother's necklace taht I get all the compliments on. I definitely think we can learn from our grandmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyy...just found your blog and it is WONDERFUL! Will be stopping by often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, thank you and welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete