Friday, January 7, 2011

Talbot's 52 Pick-Me-Ups Just in Time for the Winter Doldrums!

I don't know about you, but right about now I am not ready to consider a Spring wardrobe (resort no less) which J. Crew seems to be touting.  I am not quite ready to part with my heavy Fall and Winter garments, but I am ready for a little tease and some pieces that go between seasons and still offer a little spunk.  I received Talbot's 52 Pick-Me-Up January Lookbook today which completely met this need for me.  I have been raving of recent and think I would definitely consider myself a regular again with Talbot's.  By the way, if you have not shopped in store, the 40% off additional markdowns is fantastic for some of the beautiful Winter pieces that originally came out.

I wanted to share a few classic pieces that in my mind would ride nicely into Spring.  And while Talbot's handbags are not my number one, I do love the recent release of the Beacon Hill ostrich-embossed slouch hobo.  I will wait for a sale on this beautiful bag, but really love the color which they call "dark luggage".  The hardware is stunning and I am a big handbag girl, so this will be a must-buy for me.  There has been so much leopard and python-embossed accessories the last couple seasons and I thought this was a nice change.

Next, I have bought so many skirts over the last couple seasons from J. Crew, Ann Taylor and Talbot's that surely I thought I could not rationalize another AND, despite the ruffles - love Talbot's yarn-dyed cotton tiered ruffle skirt.  I think what I am drawn to with this one is the length.  Finally, a departure from the mini's!  While I love the look of mini's which J. Crew has exhausted in my opinion, they just do not look flattering on my womanly curves!  This skirt is the perfect pick ME up for winter in "blue-dyed yarn voile".

Next on my list is an investment in a lighter suit (cotton/poly, no wool).  I have purchased two suits from Talbot's in the last couple months and as true to Talbot's quality, they are beautiful and classic.  I love the new Uptown Manhattan Chambray suiting.  The jacket comes in the "Grace" fit which is a terrific length.  And I love the two color options in "creme brulee-cotton" and "navy-cotton" which is really more like a slightly darker version of the skirt I reviewed above. I am really adoring this blue suit which is also a nice departure from the classic tan suit for late Winter and into Spring.  And look at this suit with the bag!  This would actually be a great suit and bag to travel with.

Last, love the peep toe platforms.  They come in navy (shown), ostrich embossed in pebble and dark luggage and plain dark luggage.  They are nice height at 3 1/2" and I just think this is a smart, classic shoe that I can see picking up a couple colors in.  If anyone actually tries these on, would love to hear on comfort, but I am usually pretty pleased with Talbot's comfort-level.

Thought you would all love to see some late Winter (which is really not quite the case here in Midwest), but these are great options to get us through.  As continued, Talbot's continues to surprise me and also reassure me that their great pieces are here to stay with their new and modern takes on classic!  Let me know if you loved as I did and did you have other favs...Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I've been really liking Talbots lately. Last summer they were revamping thier line and I purchased a few things. This comming Spring/Summers looks to be beautifully Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - Own the gold version of these peep toe platforms and they are super comfortable - I plan to get at least one more air of these for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WMM, this is good to know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talbots has totally stepped up their game... used to not be a fan; however, walked by their window the other day and almost stopped in my tracks - didnt even recognize it!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete