Saturday, January 22, 2011

MUSTSHOP 40% Off, J. Crew's Glen plaid trench...

I waited until the Glen plaid trench popped up on the 40% of MUSTSHOP J. Crew Final Sale.

J. Crew describes as:


The trench like you've never seen it before. Our designers reinvented a fashion icon in luxuriously lofty double-faced glen plaid (from a cutting-edge Japanese mill) by adding a few key feminine twists: a cutaway neckline, a shaped hem and a top layer that belts into a charming peplum. The buttoned storm flap, graceful collar and belted sleeves are nods to classic trench styling but this expertly cut coat is 100 percent modern. Wool/alpaca/nylon. Half-moon standing collar. Long sleeves. Self belt. Flap pockets. Fully lined. Hits at midthigh. Part of J.Crew Collection. Import. Dry clean. Catalog/jcrew.com only.


The Glen plaid trench popped up on the 40% of MUSTSHOP J. Crew Final Sale.  


As part of the Collection originally $350 and down to $249 with 40% off, I could hardly pass up.  I love the detailing on this jacket and have always been partial to glen plaid because it is equally cute on a night out or on to the boardroom.
I also love the trench flap on the back of this coat (left).  It is really adorable.

I will let you know if I am equally pleased when it arrives in the mail, but this is really the only item I have found so far that I would deem as "MUSTSHOP" for me.  I have not felt like stocking up on anything such as sweaters or tees.  I am ready for a change and this one felt like a good piece to do that in!  If you have this item, let me know how you like and any other items on FINAL Sale that you were so excited to get!

4 comments:

  1. I don't have this trench but it's GORG! I hope you post some pics when it arrives.
    I stalked the Shearling Fatigue Jacket and it finally popped back up in my size around 5:30am Saturday morning. Ordered it and several other things to get me to $100. FINALLY rec'd the shipping confirmation tonight. I was so nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's talk Crew sizing, please. Going by their size charts, I am a little too large for a size 2 and too small for a 6. Since J. Crew lumps size 4 and 6 together, can you tell me how their clothes are cut? Do they tend toward a close or a looser fit?

    I can't really tell just by looking at the models and the last 2 times I went to a B&M I couldn't hear myself think, let alone be able to converse with a sales person, if one had wanted to help an 'old' lady...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just arrived today! I will post some pics this weekend, but it is absolutely adorable and so comfy too! I know that is sort of of an unusual way to describe a trench, but is is soft, and the cut is so pretty. Pamela, I stalked the Shearling fatigue too, so will be interested to hear on that one! Lorrwill, I think that each item is different and so really you need to try and get reviews off our blogs to be most accurate on sizing. The coat I just ordered is very TTS. Happy shopping ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm looking for your follow up review of this coat. I wonder if you still love it and feel it's an investment piece? Thx!

    ReplyDelete