Sunday, January 30, 2011

Behind The Scenes at Ann Taylor's Spring 2011 Advertising Campaign Shoot...




I must say, that I am pretty excited about Katie Holmes being the "face" behind Ann Taylor's 2011 Spring campaign.  I have seen lots of blogs and articles asking whether or not people think it will drive sales.  I am not certain a talent can be totally attributed to boosting any campaign's sales, but in my opinion, it certainly cannot hurt in this case!

I do think that Ann Taylor got it right in choosing her with her down to earth style, grace and approachability that she seems to exude.  Being an Ohioian myself, I can relate to her enthusiasm about Spring around the corner and looking forward to all that it brings fashion brings.  This is about the time we envision breezy dresses, cute tops and jackets.

Katie is very naturally beautiful and not in a supermodel sort of way, but just fresh-faced and not overdone.  I am not excited about her representing AT because I am a follower of her work or married to Tom Cruise or any other celebrity nuances.  She is appealing because I think she strikes a chord with a wholesomeness and like so many of us, she is a working mom that clearly wants to look pretty and is not afraid to be seen in a jeans and sweatshirt or an Armani gown!

Thoughts on Ann Taylor recently or Katie Holmes selected as the face for their Spring campaign?

3 comments:

  1. How could I have forgotten she's from Toledo! Our winters would make anyone wish for spring (except that when it comes, it arrives with cloudy skies and cold rain....) I think she was an excellent choice for Ann Taylor as well - I've always thought she had one of those friendly/likable faces - it might even make me consider shopping at Ann Taylor again (it's been years!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She def has the fresh face that AT needs, although I have been really liking their latest things. The problem or benefit of it is, they repeat so many things that because I'm a long time shopper there, I have similar items. I am not likin JC lately but, I do want the Horizon stripe skirt! I am hoping that JC or At puts out some new ideas for Spring, I could def use a fresh new pieces! How is your precious Collie? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking that I really hope either one infuses some great pieces. While I like repeats on some, it is nice to get some really "wow" items every now and then. JC has done that on occasion but in sort of a really eccentric way. It is like they try to be runway with no likeness to any designer appeal if that makes sense. Either be classic which Talbot's has done an amazing job with or go really eccentric so that they can develop more of a cult following. I think Katie Holmes will add a freshness that will make some look twice which is good. I keep hope JC will come back with some classic appeal before loyal aficionados lose faith! Thanks for your comments ladies!

    ReplyDelete