Thursday, January 27, 2011

J. Crew Goes to Italy!


It is all about the shoe with J. Crew's latest video off to Italy!  Why do they go to Italy to have shoes made?  Well, according to Jenna, it is because one cannot find the level of "expertise" and "detail and quality" that one might find there.  This may be true, frankly anyone who devotes the years and overall history contribute to such fine craftmanship.  One Italian gentleman describes it as being in "the blood".  Jenna spoke to a woman who had worked on shoes for some 30 years which contributes to a "love" for making these shoes.  I love this sort of mini-documentary they have going on here.  It is fun, gives a sense of the design, quality and passion that goes into this process.  I think the team that went with Jenna including herself looked like they spent more time eating, but I loved that too!  What fun would Italy be without such indulgences... What's my favorite shoe in new arrivals?  I like the Avenelle  cutout wedges, but hope they come in some poppin' colors for Spring like coral, raspberry or a beautiful teal.  Anyways, I like a story behind the goods and this is a nice refresher to the site.  I've always liked the J. Crew videos as they take you to another place in the world, even if it is just a few minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment