Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nordstrom Online...Cool, New Look!

I was struck by Nordstrom's cool updated website, fresh with modern graphics displayed in an eye-catching and flashy way (no pun-intended!).  The site is really clean with the focus on three key areas to tap into including 1) Departments 2) Brand and 3) Conversation.  I was particularly taken by the "Conversation" area with drop-down choices including their blog "The Thread" and other catchy items including including a section called "Career Mode" which highlights real people working within different careers talking about how fashion and style works into their lives.  I love this!  Take a look at Melissa for example, an interior designer talking about why different pieces are important to her.  I think this is really smart.  I can relate much better to this than the typical catalog or magazine ad typically 5 sizes smaller than me and who model for a living.


Under the same section, check out "Eye for Style" featuring their longstanding collaboration with Ruben Toledo..  This is wonderfully artistic!

I really love what they have done with this site.  It has gone from somewhat predictable to fun, cool and unexpected in one fell swoop.  I am thinking this will better attract younger generations as well.  While I adore Nordstroms for their old department store charm and service, this really sets them apart from other retail sites.  Very creative and so much to explore. Have you checked it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment