Friday, August 6, 2010

My Exhibitor Has Arrived!

I promised review of its arrival and it is finally here, the J. Crew exhibitor tote which by the way came in quite a box with massive stuffing.  The bag is substantial and not for gals who like a small to medium bag for sure.  This handbag is not messing around!  It seriously matches J. Crew's description for "keeping our carryall options open" with three amazing inside compartments and outside zip openings for even more stashing opportunities.  The bag is smooth all over and so no concerns with snagging or catching anywhere.  It was daunting at first because I couldn't conceive an amazing messenger and regular tote/purse both being great options in one bag, but the exhibitor aims to please and exceeded my expectations both ways.  I attached the messenger style shot with removable strap.  There are handles with gold-plated hardware if you want to carry as regular tote/handbag .  The inside fabric is a lovely green, not quite hunter, but is not the pink/blush liner that is shown online.  The tote is nice and deep, but like many large bags, things could get lost amidst all the space and compartments!  I am looking forward to traveling with this bag (next week as a matter of fact!).  It is very chic and I love it!

7 comments:

  1. I have had my eyes on those bags! I like all 3! Thank you for posting the pics to give a better idea of proportions. I'll hold out for a promo or sale though. EnjoY! It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. Good to know it is nice and no worries about the exterior zipper causing snags. I looks lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Enjoy! For some reason I thought it would be HUGE, but it's not, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! thanks for the great pics and all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fab! I'm too small for big bags but I love them, this one is so good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thank you so much for the review. I've been looking around for one and just came across yours. After nearly a month of using it, do you have any additional comments? Could you please tell me how much the bag weighs empty? I love the beige and black colors, but last year I purchased the large Cole Haan Felicity N/S black leather tote bag(fab for traveling, but it does get heavy loaded halfway because of the leather). It's similar to the exhibitor so I would lean more towards the beige color. I also wondered how this leather compares in feel and quality to that of Cole Haan if you have owned any CH bags. To give my shoulders a break I purchased the navy Longchamp nylon expandable bag from Nordstrom for traveling and everyday use (when zipped up). Lightweight, but I must admit not as edgy as a good leather bag. Hence, this exhibitor still catches my eye. Thx!

    ReplyDelete