Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Miche Bag (One Bag, Endless Possibilities)...I'm in Love!

I am in love with the Miche Bag!  I actually stumbled across this bag at a Hallmark store of all places only to find out that word is spreading fast on this bag with interchangeable magnetic shells.  It is a simple concept and wish I had come up with it.  You buy the Miche Bag base (large or small) and then add the Miche Bag shell to compliment.  The base of the bag has pockets for everything and I mean everything.  I felt like I struck gold with the perfect travel bag which is stylishly chic!  There are many styles with faux leather and some with prints.  The shells are reasonably priced (at or around $44) and the store rep told me a new one comes out each month (ok, I'm hooked).  The magnets also Do Not destroy credit cards, phones, hotel cards or go off in the airport.  Finally!!

There is also a Miche Bag Blog so you can keep up with their latest support efforts and news.  As example, if you buy the "Hope" shell as example you know you are helping because a portion of every purchase goes toward cancer research.

I say, fabulous job Michelle Romero for your wonderful concept that came to life!!  I love and ladies, you must check it out...


Here is the amazing story and video of the designer from www.abc7chicago.com:


Have you ever spilled something on your favorite handbag and were forced to replace the "perfect" purse? It happened to Michelle Romero, a 29-year old Utah mother of two. She turned her frustration into an international business. Michelle thought, "What if you could just replace the outside of a purse without taking everything out of your bag?" So, using the stained bag with some glue and scrap fabric, she created a rough prototype of a purse with interchangeable covers. Michelle enlisted the help of a friend and Annette Cavaness. Together they started the process of building a business that became Miche Bag."




TAGS:
resources shared from www.abc7chicago.com (article and video)

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of doing a custom shell. You could find a high-res picture of any pattern and have a purse of it! I wonder if they reject things due to copyright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure, but it is a fantastic idea! I may try one...

    ReplyDelete