Monday, April 26, 2010

Loving the Trench...and Talbots Too!

Tired of recent final sale and lackluster Spring at J. Crew, I've decided to take a diversion to some of my favorite old classics.  I hadn't been in Talbot's in a very long while when on a business trip to Dallas I decided to take a peek.  And at the time, they were launching their very beautiful Spring line.  If you haven't visited, the site has had a nice modern facelift as well which a beautiful representation of all ages/sizes of women.  The item I have been looking for was a trench coat and after three reviews went with the Modern trench coat at Talbots.  And it was on sale at $89.99, practically a steal.  I bought it in ecru which looks fresh and modern as the name defines. It is amazingly comfortable and looks sexy chic.

I also looked at the Land's End Canvas (another fav) with their Heritage trench but at $199 I had to pass.  I loved the detail on this one and am hoping to get it in another season once marked down.

And lastly was my review of the J. Crew Icon trench at $298.  C'mon now, I know J. Crew touts their special fabrics and mills afar, but Japenese cotton?  Is it really that soft?  If you have a review, I would love to hear.  At any rate, I went for the Talbot's classic.

It does pay to look around at the favorites and of recent, J. Crew has not been my immediate "go-to".  I love to find a deep discount for a beautiful piece.  I think I will be returning to Talbot's more often.  They have some wonderful classics and a look/feel I miss from J.Crew quite honestly.  Does anyone else feel J. Crew has lost their way?  Please come back J. Crew.  I miss you.


2 comments:

  1. From one fashion/classics/value fanatic to another... glad you are liking what you're seeing at Talbots. Check out recent cover-worthy finds at http://redchairconfessions.com/category/covet-this/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trench is gorgeous! Great price too.

    I am so anxious for the Talbot's fall stuff! I really loved the spring look book too. They have some great stuff, it's very stylish. Fit is a concern for me, I'm hoping some of the spring dresses go on sale so I can justify the extra cost needed to tailor them.

    ReplyDelete