Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fresh Faces for Fall...

I am inspired again, not from fashion week's clothing (well that too!), but also from the fresh faces that continue to be a trend including those makeup tricks from J. Crew and showcased on the blog J. Crew}770 Behind the Line.

In addition to the bright pops of color which we seeing from many designers, the clean color palette is just breathtaking.  J. Crew describes the need for a fresh, "blank" palette using in foundation that covers the skin but allows each model's real skin shine through.  J. Crew uses Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer to accomplish this with a touch of luminizer on the cheekbones and "bow of the lips".



I certainly don't have flawless skin, but now that I am a bit older, I would rather focus on good cleansing and moisturizing instead of covering it up with foundation and powders.  I have posted before on my favorite skincare regimen and it starts with Clarins.  The products that I use continually include:  Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed, Bright Plus HP Brightening Hydration Day Lotion with 20 SPF and Bright Plus HP Brightening Repairing Night Cream.  And of course I use just about every other product from Clarins including the marvelous toners, serums and body oils and moisturizers.  I never used to be a one product brand woman, but I am very hooked on this line.  And the products smell absolutely feminine and beautiful.

Another trick of the trade from J. Crew includes pulling the hair tight into a sleek ponytail.  This is also a favorite trick of mine because it lifts your face and really allows for your best features to shine through whether that is your cheekbones, nose and/or eyes as examples.  I love to use the Goody hairbands in natural color to match my hair.  And then as J. Crew also illustrates, use the Elnett hairspray.  In my opinion, there is no better hairspray and I use "Extra Hold".  The beauty of this hairspray is that it makes your hairstyle look natural and not too product heavy and it is easy enough to brush through if you need to re-style.

Over at racked.com, they share this trend from Herve Leger showing the fresh faces and slicked back and smooth ponytails.  While these designers are showing this for Spring, I love it for F/W as well because it gets us out of the "covering up" and again, allows for best features to shine-through.

Blog.Temptu.com shows that featuring eyes with a subtle face turns out to be a beautiful option for Fall/Winter makeup.  Trends here illustrate using a strong liner or an unusual color such as "pumpkin" or what they are featuring as "spider eyes".  With this trend, they suggest throwing out and perception of "good" mascara, but rather use multiple layers for a "thicker, more intense" look for Fall/Winter.

I personally love this because it really plays up the eyes and then I follow with very minimalistic makeup for the cheeks and lips.  I use more of a nude look for those features.

Photo Credit: Sean Cunningham
From Harper's BAZAAR "Sitting Pretty:  Checkout Fall's Best Beauty Trends" we see similar trends including the slicked back ponytail, a metallic eye or a "towering undo", all trends which really showcase the face.

I hope this gave you some ideas for Fall and Winter right around the corner.  I really loved how so many of the designers showcased a more natural palette and less about trends makeup and hair.  With these trends, I feel like it allows for each of us to play up our best features.  Do you have any favorite makeup or beauty regimens you would like to share?  Happy Fall.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment