Saturday, September 24, 2011

Eileen Fisher for Fall, Beautiful, Comfortable and Always Sustainable...

There many reasons to love Eileen Fisher.  The superficial reasons being that the colors are sumptuous and feel amazing on your body.  And I must admit that I thought for a long time that Eileen Fisher was for a much older set of women, but the truth is, her garments are ultra-flattering on every body type and can go through a casual weekend to a night on the town.

The bigger and more important reasons to love EF are the fact that her products and practices work toward sustaining the environment.  Eileen Fisher also supports women through "social initiatives that address their well-being".  They also have a set of business practices that act responsibly with regard for human rights.  That being said, I guess I've grown up too, because these are things that really do matter and if I can support the world while supporting the clothes on my back, then I also become part of this positive change.

Each Fall, I love to feature some of the beautiful clothes that are coming in online and in stores such as Nordstrom and Saks.  I've recently dropped a healthy chunk of change for some amazing pieces that will extend from season to season.

With colors like Storm, Sienna, Cranberry, Cinnabar, African Violet and Dark Blueberry, it is hard not to completely succumb to Fall.  The beautiful thing about all the pieces from EF is that they are interchangeable and perfect for layering.  Eileen Fisher's design values connect through:  "Simple. Sensual. Beautiful. Timeless. and Functional."  I couldn't have said it better myself (hee!).

Here are a few of my favorites:
Fold-over maxi skirt
Drape neck slouchy top
1.  The drape neck slouchy top in fine gauge cashmere (favorite color, Sienna)
2.  The Fold-over maxi skirt in Viscose Jersey (favorite color, Olive)
3.  The Scoop neck shirred dress in cotton steel stretch (favorite color, Cranberry)
4.  The Fair Trade poncho wrap in organic cotton links (color, Ash)
5.  The Long Cocoon cardigan in royal alpaca (favorite color, Greengold)

Fair trade poncho wrap
Scoop neck shirred dress
I could go on and on.  The pieces are expensive, but worth every penny once you understand the principles that the Company follows and the design aesthetic that clearly makes you feel like a woman no matter what your age or what your body type is.  I'm hooked and after this weekend can honestly say that I am a cult follower (or at least my pocket book shows it!).

Long cocoon cardigan
Happy Fall and let me know if you have favorite Eileen Fisher pieces.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment