Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sharing from Vogue.com...Beauty Trends From the Fall 2011 Collection

Sharing from Vogue.com

Breathtakingly beautiful imagery, as expected through Vogue, but wanted to share one of my favorite features that pops up annually Vogue's Beauty Trends and in this case from the Fall 2011 Collections entitled "Easy Does It".

Vogue.com says:

Refreshing—or perhaps, refreshed—is a word that comes to mind when describing the beauty at this fall’s collections. The familiar tropes were all there, but updated with a new vocabulary. Sure, there were chignons, braids, and ponytails, but many of the best had come softly, realistically undone, offering inspiration for a fashion pack increasingly influenced by real-world individuality and DIY street style. Think of it as twisting the classics: The red lip turned gothic, or orange, or shockingly pink in some cases; smoky eyes emerged in living color, while classic cat liner took graphic turns; highlights came in punky streaks of blue and pink. Simplicity was front and center, too, with a focus on enviably, utterly beautiful skin, a girlish flush, and the power of a well-groomed brow.


I was particularly attracted to this set of trends because right now I am focused more than ever on healthy skin, smoky eyes and pulled back "pony's".  When you hit your 40's, there comes a feeling of confidence, but still wanting to shine through your uniqueness without over-doing it and I thought these trends from the Fall Collections were spot on for me with reference to this.

I love these beautiful ponies featured in shows like Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton.  As Vogue.com features from "glossy to high maintenance".

Photo: Gianni Pucci/GoRunway.com
I am always on the fence as to how long I will grow my mane, but I think that if you style so beautifully, there is an elegance that can update any look.  Perfect example is this one from the Louis Vuitton, Paris show.  I love this sleeked pony with a beautiful headband (shown left).

Photo: Olivier Claisse/firstVIEW
I've also been a bit "skin manic" having applied skin creams and tonics since 12, my skin is clearly reaping the benefits now.  Recently, I've been been on a conversion of products using almost all Clarins on my face, hands, feet.  All I can say is that my face is downright "dewey" and bright especially when I use their Bright Plus Night Cream which is enriched with Sea Lily.  It is amazing and so light.  My skin glows when I use this product.  So I was very encouraged to see the focus in the Fall Collections to be around immaculate and natural skin.  I also use Christian Dior's Airbrush spray foundation which gives the most beautiful veil of coverage making the skin look natural and luminous.  I think that women of all ages can flaunt this skin.  It takes some work, but this is what we are born in so it is worth it!  The faces at the Proenza Schouler show in New York are gorgeous shown here through Vogue.com (right).

And to compliment the flawless face, you must have the right brows.  Vogue.com features the "Now Brow" and I must say, am glad there is a movement to the darkened, penciled and strong brow which in my opinion really makes a fresh, glowing face stand out from the crowd.  

Brows like those shown in the Alexander Wang, New York show are exactly that which are natural, but bold and really shape a face.  They look stunning with hair down and definitely up.  

So hope you check out some of Vogue.com's other featured trends from the 2011 Fall Collections.  I love them all!  Ok, maybe not the streaks of blue, red in the hair, but I'll give it to be Bold no less!


No comments:

Post a Comment