Sunday, May 23, 2010

J. Crew June 2010...Things I'm A Little "Crew"zy Over


Many of the JCA's did not seem overwhelmingly enthused about the J. Crew June catalog release.  I thought it was quite etherial.  I love photography so was really inspired by the use of shadows throughout and the cool undertones.  With that, there were a couple standout items in my mind.  I loved the Wildflower swim collection.  I am not sure I would wear the ruffle bottom, but I loved the cut and the color is beautiful.

I also thought the Oaktweed Caswell jacket was lovely.  I tend to gravitate toward the Collection pieces in general because they are often very unique looking.  And I thought the nubby look was a cool modern play on a summer jacket.

The belts really popped for me as well.  When I was in the B&M last week the Elastic blossoms belt (see page 70) caught my eye and in the catalog I thought the braided fabric belts looked adorable as they were styled around shirts.

My two favorite pencil skirts include the wildcat ombre and the Cantebury bells.  I am also still loving all the chunky jewelry, but cannot envision myself layering it up at the swim club or ocean for that matter.  I thought the Effie scarf dress was a major bomb and will not even justify it with a pic.  You know what I am talking about, right?  It is like scarves gone wrong...yuck.
I love all the linen silk-pocket cardigan.  I bought one in the dusty orchid and am pretty sure I will pick it up in smoke.  I do like it layered over a suit...but would be equally lovely on a summer night over skirt/tee and/or dress.

All in all, I thought is was lovely.  And the wedding boutique, stunning.  If I could do it over again am pretty sure I would have picked one of these dresses.

And what are your most favorite pieces, and worst?

2 comments:

  1. I am very curious about the moto jacket. Although, admittedly, it looks short and crooked in the picture, but I'm willing to give it a chance. I just got my catalog today in the mail, and hadn't been to my B&M earlier to pick up a copy, so I'm still digesting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omigosh, the wedding boutique made my jaw drop...i am in love with all of the dresses! they are so fresh and romantic..sigh :)

    ReplyDelete