Saturday, February 20, 2010

J. Crew's Gamine Jacket Paired with Target's Mossimo "Odell" Multi Floral Flats

I told you all I recently broke down and bought the J. Crew Ruffled Gamine Jacket in desert rose  and even though I reaped the recent 20% off its markdown, I am finding it harder and harder to justify the rate in which I buy jackets/blazers.  I will tell you that this jacket has impeccable detailing and is beautifully lined.  The color is gorgeous.  My instincts were pushing for black, but I really needed to stretch the palette.  It will definitely go for many seasons.  I kept thinking though, it would be great to get flats with this, but at $99.99 or even $69.99, I just couldn't do it for a "slipper-esque"-type shoe.  So, I went for "frugalista" off to Target and found these sweet little ballet flats which compliment this jacket perfectly!  They are called "Odell" from Mossimo and are Multi-floral.  They were $12.99 and have the sweetest little fabric print, just enough to pair with this jacket without stealing the show!  Who could beat the price, really.  All in all, I was happy with my "splurge" and "steal", now that is justification!

6 comments:

  1. ooh those are some pretty flats! thanks for sharing! i think that blazer looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: i just bought those flats online! what a steal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I am so glad - they had many other cute ones as well, some that I did not even see in the store. They go too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flats are precious!! I'm restricting myself from buying some cute & dainty flats until the weather is at least partially cooperating in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw those flats on FFM's blog too and I rushed over to buy them. So cute! Great choice with your new jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just tried on the gamine jacket in store - but I'm a wee bit confused. I was thinking of it more as outerwear - hadn't even thought of it as a blazer. Hmmm....

    Love the flats with the jacket - great pairing. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete