Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Love Elfa...

I live in a very old house and needless to say, there is virtually no closet space.  I have been hanging all my clothes on industrial racks so it was time to bite the bullet and create a closet space.  We ultimately went for the Elfa system at the Container Store.  We looked at having them custom made and also researched other closet design companies such as ClosetsByDesign and California Closets.  But I loved the flexibility of Elfa and the different things you can attach whether it be a gliding jewelry box or pull out shoe racks. You can see my before (above) and after (below).  It looks fabulous in our room.  It still has that open look as if you were in a loft, but everything is very streamlined now and amazingly organized...Elfa at CS is running 30% off both in system and install, but if you know or have someone that is handy - install it yourself.  It is super simple and with what we purchased, we saved about $700 in installation fees!I believe the sale ends in a week.  Happy storing....!
Above - one side of the wall with old shelving and canvas over top...dreadful.


And after...

3 comments:

  1. I love Elfa too! That is so great that you were able to use the Elfa system to create a closet space with what you have. I like that you have the drawers (I didn't get them) and don't you just love the boot savers with the little hanging hook. Elfa is just so accommodating, even years later, when you want to add or remove drawers, shelves or pull out shoe racks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boot savers -- I think my husband thought I had lost my mind, but oh the options are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful closet! looks like a store :)

    ReplyDelete