Wednesday, August 17, 2011

September Sweater and Other Sweet Finds...J. Crew

September sweater...This gorgeous sweater looks far better at the B&W verses online.  So much so, that I opted two which I rarely do.  When I saw it online, I was thinking this is the boxiest sweater but with the v-neck, it gives it a more feminine look.  I am loving the shorter sleeves on sweaters.  The heather blue sea and heather moss are quintessential colors for Fall.  I like this sweater definitely for the layering potential but also because it hits below the hip so it is perfect for belting as well.  I am envisioning it now...cool, crisp September morning layered up, walking my dogs!

I also bought the Stripe-out tee in Modal fabric, perfect for packing and just a bit of "dress" up for a tee.  I bought it in the vintage elm in parallel with the heather moss sweater (are you seeing a trend here?!). Aaaaand another one, bought the Featherknit shirred henley tee also in a nice drapey fabric (viscose and linen).  I opted for navy...very pretty.


One last note.  My "heart" of the week is the Double-cloth metro coat.  J. Crew describes as:


Everything you love about our lady day coat, with modern updates like a slimmer silhouette, a longer length and a flattering-on-everyone cut. Still as feminine as ever with a beautiful drape in textured Italian wool hailing from Italy's Manifattura di Carmignano mill, known the world over for its exceptional woolens. The double-cloth fabric is one of our all-time favorites, and you won't find it anywhere else (Manifattura di Carmignano makes it exclusively for J.Crew). Point collar. Long sleeves. Flap pockets, welt pockets. Functional buttons at cuffs. Fully lined. Hits at knee. 
Of course I love this in "vibrant flame" which has quickly become my favorite color for this coming Fall.  I am also digging the mustard...so different.  I am adoring the bright color palette.


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment