Saturday, August 20, 2011

Little Previews for Early Fall...

Oh the colors, vibrant and alive like Fall is just peeking through.  I don't know about you, but I am ready for the thick heat to retire for awhile to let us begin pulling our Autumn sweaters out and maybe with a beautiful, light scarf.  And, it is that time of year where most of the fashion magazines, double in size, mostly advertisements, but I love them just the same.  I walked out with September issues for both In Style and Vogue tonight and needless to say, it was bordering a bit heavy.  I will turn the pages, start sometimes from the back, turn the corners, cut and paste favorites and all in all immerse myself with the beautiful photographs and striking editorial.

This is also the time of year I am looking for richer eye shadows, deeper blush and pops of fabulous lip color.  I've got a new favorite.  Nars pure matte lipstick is super pigmented and like the description says, "it nourishes lips in a velvety vitamin-rich formula."  Ok, all I know is that this is the bomb!  I bought nearly every color Madere which is a plumb brown and the perfect shade to ease into Fall. Love.

It is also time to store away the light and floral fragrance and bring on a more sensual, deeply vibrant  scent.  My favorite is Coco by Chanel which breathes oriental passages and warmth.  This is one of the few perfumes that I wear and people always notice how beautiful it smells.  And for a splurge, get the shower/bath gel and cream in the jar which is far more fragrant than the lotion.  The gel is by far the most luxurious, bubbly lather I've ever used.

And if you hadn't noticed I am crazy for all the poplin' colors of sweaters, skirts and dresses.  J. Crew has a lovely September catalog which I picked up today.  I'm rolling toward a cashmere binge.  I love the shawl -collar sweater in tulip.  You might think this is a bit Summer/Spring-ish, but I think that paired with a camel skirt or pant it would be lovely.  Or how 'bout the Hutton trouser Super 120s in warm sienna?  Really any of the pencil skirts would pair well with this.

I am crushing on the vintage tweed jacket.  No offense J. Crew, but could you have called it anything else besides "mustard"?.  I am sour on mustard, maybe "maize"?  Anyways, this smart jacket is the perfect pop to freshen up to conservative blazers that drown my closet.  I really like the uneven weave and vintage-inspired buttons.  There is just enough detail in this one to make it special.
Love, love, love.

What are your early Fall favorites?  Is there something that you have to have in your wardrobe?

I am getting ready  to majorly clear out some of my closet both in apparel, shoes and handbags so will let you know when I get it all posted to eBay.

Lastly, if you haven't stocked up on the gigantic fashion magazines, here is a short list of my labs.  Happy weekend!  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment