Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Perfect Square - The Bow Bridge Kennedy by Kate Spade

I'm in love, or at least very much intrigued.  So much so that I nearly talked myself into $445 for Kate Spade's new Bow Bridge Kennedy handbag!  The only thing that saved me was my Nordstrom's only had the floor samples of this new bag which I would never accept at that price.  
On the website, they describe the inspiration of this tote from "one of the most memorable places in Central Park which has a bow bridge as it's focal point—a nineteenth century cast iron beauty that stretches across the lake near 74th street.  Speaking of iconic, we turned to one of our own favorite signatures the bow and crafted this tote in smooth natural leather."  
I am allured by the cube, not so practical but very chic indeed.  I think that I saw one similarly by Chloe or MaxMara earlier, I cannot recall.  Either way, this is a shift from all the unstructured hobos and shoulder bags from previous seasons.
I love the detailing as well.  While I do not love bows on anything, this flat placed bow on the front adds a femininity to this cool, masculine cube.  It comes in natural, cliff gray and black.  The description and details on the Bow Bridge Kennedy include the following:

  • smooth natural cowhide with matching trim
  • short shoulder with crossbody strap; zip top closure
  • 14-karat light gold plated hardware
  • double slide interior pockets; interior zipper pocket; exterior flap pocket
  • black/cream book stripe lining
  • kate spade new york light gold staple signature
  • 3.5'' handle; 19.75'' strap length
  • imported
  • style # pxru2701
  • 9.0''h x 10.5''w x 5.1''d
Similar detailing in a true tote, is her Bow Bridge James shown in cliff gray.  This is more reflective of Spade's totes but love the detailing in this line all together.
Love it or hate it?  Do you like the cube concept? 

Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. I don't consider myself a girly girl, but I love bows & like both of these handbags. Maybe the tote a little better than the boxy, smaller one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you sign up for Kate Spade's mailing list online, you get 15% off your total order. That brings it under 400!! I just got the black Bow Bridge today...

    ReplyDelete