Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pinterest Theme "On Love"...

I can't help but gather imagery on my Pinterest boards with themes for Valentine's Day.  My latest is called "On Love".  There is literal love, that of expression, through gift and sentiment and those things that make us feel romantic, sexy!  Any way you think about it, it is a wonderful little holiday.  And, I am a big believer that it doesn't matter whether you are single, married -- it can be a day to fill your heart with love, period. And even sweeter is to do something wonderful for yourself!  What do you do or think about on this lovely day?

I have also copied a favorite poem by e.e. cummings which is perfect for upcoming Valentine's Day.


     somewhere i have never travelled
      by e. e. cummings

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
any experience, your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near
your slightest look easily will unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skillfully, mysteriously) her first rose
or if your wish be to close me, i and
my life will shut very beautifully, suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;
nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
the power of your intense fragility: whose texture
compels me with the colour of its countries,
rendering death and forever with each breathing
(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens; only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands



Cheers.  Happy weekend and would love to hear what you do to celebrate Vday.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, what a cute collection. I am afraid of Pinterest. I am already hooked on PV I can only imagine what Pinterest would do to my add to my distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slastena! I have to tell you that I was afraid to get hooked as well, but it has been a great little hobby and a wonderful way to express myself. I get lost in the imagery and themes of my boards - you can make as many as you like and continue to build on them. They are like endless mood boards! Try it - I think you will love creating the many fashion boards like I have developed...take care! Chris

    ReplyDelete