Thursday, February 9, 2012

J. Crew ad In Vogue's 2012 February Issue...Style Meets Substance with Italian Cashmere.

I have to say that I was a little surprised to see the two page spread in which J.Crew had inserted into Vogue's February issue, pages 80-81 respectively.

And the right page reads:
"18 Custom-Dyed COLORs. The Finest Yarn From a Sixth-Generation Family Mill in Quarona, Italy.  Timeless Design with a Twist.  This is What They Mean By Style with Substance.  Italian Cashmere by J. Crew."

Nice.  I was flashing back to at least 18 colors of JC sweaters in my drawers, each lined with lavender folding pads...I have been up and down on the quality and have read similar issues from other JCAs.  However, I too am lured in by a beautiful ad (I am in Marketing after all), but the tiny little piling is a bit of a nuisance.  So what I say, because the rainbow sherbet array lures me in every time.  Or maybe it's the fresh-faced models with hints of beautiful lipstick in pinks and corals, Poppy King perhaps:...please tell me Spring is coming?!

And so when the ad literally jumped off the page in the front quarter of the magazine no-less, I felt strangely assured that I made (or have made numerous times) the right purchase.  I must say that I keep my Vogues in a growing pile not only for reference but for wonderful pick-me-ups as I leaf through the hundreds of pages of ads.

I can't say that I've ever seen J. Crew advertise in Vogue or any other high end fashion magazine... Have they officially "arrived" now that they are a public company?  If it's good enough for Vogue, then it must be good enough for all of us!

Kidding aside, I am a loyal J. Crew cashmere customer, pilling or not!  Would that make me a JCCC - J. Crew Cashmere Customer?  Oh, I am just being silly, but I hope to see more of their ads.  After all, it is all about "Style with Substance."

Cheers,

ALC

No comments:

Post a Comment