Saturday, March 13, 2010

Land's End Canvas - Recent Buys...

I have been on a Land's End Canvas pursuit for awhile.  I recently purchased a couple items and thought I'd share a quick review.  I absolutely love the Women's Canvas Cargo Pants.  At $49 they were perfectly priced and made very well.  In fact, I liked the weight and richness of color far better than J. Crew's ripstop cargos which are very thin.  I purchased them in caramel and please note that they are really fitted.  I typically wear a 10/12...but had to return for a 14 so there was a little relaxed look to them.  They are adorable rolled up as the picture shows.  A really nice, casual pant.

I also purchased the Heritage poplin shirt in gull grey.  Definitely order a size up in this shirt as well as LE suggests.  It is also a great quality shirt and competitively priced at $39.50.  I will be picking up another color for sure.

I also have my eye on the Route 63 Canvas Leather Trim Bucket Tote @ $168 so if anyone has a review let me know.

I love the workmanship and the quality of Land's End.  This line definitely adds a modern edge and quite honestly a nice distraction for me from J. Crew!  I hope that LEC continues to expand their offerings.  There are definitely some great staple pieces.  I do also love how the LE & JC pieces compliment nicely together.  If anyone has made some additional purchases please let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews! And that bag is gorgeous!! I haven't take the LE Canvas plunge yet, but am sure I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris

    I too returned a pair of Canvas pants for being too small. I have the small floral print lawn shirt and the navy and white dot shirt and love them both. Got regular size in those. Returned a button down. Even though went a size up as recommended, it was still too small. Still I"m a fan.

    I am also considering the canvas bags. Do you have any thoughts about cleaning them? I'm thinking they'll get dirty pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one of the JC canvas bags last year and it is really tough to clean and it gets dirty pretty quick. I loved LEC bags because I travel so much and they look pretty roomy, but am afraid it would just look awful. I am going to wait and maybe on a sale take the plunge? Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, Please follow and DM me on Twitter- @LEprLibby
    - Libby
    Lands' End Public Relations

    ReplyDelete