Sunday, July 11, 2010

White Heat


Having just returned from the beach and feeling summer's pull, I have a sudden rush to white in my wardrobe. It is clean, bright and represents summer's lingering presence.  I also love that it can really add a sophistication for work...cool, simple and fresh.  I went out yesterday on a mission to begin my search for some Fall classics and ended up buying summer pieces all in white!

Talbot's shawl collar cardigan was a must.  The weight was perfect and as always, presents a classic piece.  The draping is lovely.

Ann Taylor's picot hem tiered skirt is actually a newer item but I couldn't resist ($78).  It is very light weight, but with a beautiful sheen to it (upper right mini pic).  This is a perfect staple for work through the end of summer.

I also picked up a cotton tank and white studded belt both from J. Crew.  I like the studding that they have added to bags, belts...gives a clean modern feel to accessories.  Let's just hope this does not transition to every collection.

You can check out my Polyvore favorites this week, some of which I have described above.  Summer is still here despite my recent excitement of the Fall collections.  I think I will stay awhile longer...!

White Heat.Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

2 comments:

  1. I really love the idea of white with white- especially with the studded white belt. More modern and edgy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! am loving white more this summer than ever...

    ReplyDelete