Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pinterest, An Addictive Hobby...

Let's start by saying that being laid up for 5 weeks after a back surgery could drive anyone into an insane asylum.  However, collecting all and anything that I could review, read or make in my bed became a key priority beforehand.  My friend Carrie turned me on to Pinterest "A Virtual Pinboard", which at first made me shudder.  How could I possibly sit and curate pictures onto boards day in and day out.  Well, it became a real addiction both as hobby and creative endeavor.  For those of you that don't know, Pinterest is a site which allows you to curate beautiful things from the Web.  You can categorize boards, like a mood board and then find people that share similar "pins" so you can grow your own boards.  You can get started by going online to Pinterest and requesting an invite.

I still say that by doing this, it saved me from complete and utter boredom when I was laid up and now has become a really great hobby if you can call it that, but mostly it lets me spread my creativity.


For many of us (bloggers), creativity is really the core that drives us to write, post pictures or reach out to find others with similar interests.  Sometimes this can be a daunting task given the infinite possibilities across the Web.  On Pinterest, it brings that lens closer and the things that inspire you are just a couple clicks away.  I love to create the boards, leave them and then come back again for inspiration.  You can build a board with as many pins as you like and add other's pins to your boards.

I have found that thematically many of my boards tie back to fashion in some way.  Building your own boards is also revealing in a lot of ways particularly as it relates to your own self and your likes or dislikes.  There are no boundaries when you are creating and I think that is why I love doing this because it is an amazing exercise in self-expression.

Some of the categories I created on my boards for these pictures include titles such as "Fashion Illustrations", "For the Love of Drape", "Jewel Tones", "Fluid Lines", "Dream Closets", "Boyish Wonders", "Shoe Love", "Buttons", "Tulle"...and the list can go on and on.

You can find my boards by searching me as Chris Yoos.  Start today!  It is really fun ...

Have a wonderful Sunday and week to come.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment