Thursday, December 29, 2011

J. Crew January 2012...At Last, At Last!

I must admit that I am a little biased because my birthday is January.  The truth of  the matter is that January is slim pickens for just about everything.  The fashion magazines are as thin as envelopes and the retailers such as J. Crew are just getting ready to make the transitions to the next season in this case Spring.  I know that I am not ready for Spring at least from a wardrobe perspective, but I love to see anything new.  J. Crew's January 2012 catalog is posted online and I saw a pop of color, hurray!

So let's take a look.  I've listed a few items that catch my eye both new or last set of pieces.  I love the Biennial satchel in saddle. It is very classic, like a simple pump.  This is the kind of bag you can carry from season to season.  Paired with the Valentina pump, you have a beautiful look.

The Cece ballet flat is crafted in Italy.  I love all the "custom colors" (fresh mango is my color choice).  This ballet slipper seems to boast some extra comfort in the heal, a shock-absorbing sole and on the top of the toe.

I love the new Tillary handbag collection reminds me of classic Coach with the bucket and flap over bag.  I love the bucket in dark poppy which is a color that crosses over well.  I had a major poppy love so I am not sick of it yet!

Overall, the new items are lackluster.  The color combinations seem confused between Spring and Fall/Winter.  I do not like the floral print which comes in a skirt,  (printed a-line in Ashbury print), perfect shirt and Jules dress.  It is awful (in my opinion).  It is vintage or trying to be vintage.

I loved the Miansai Nantucket bracelets which have a retro-inspired look with fishhook cast and a "military grade woven cord".  My favorite was the red rope bracelet.  This is one that I would leave on all of the time or hook on to one of the Tillary handbags!

The last item that really caught my eye was the Double-breasted Ivy blazer with a borrowed from the boys look, but more tailored with features such as the gold-crested buttons that make this one special.

I am sure I will come across some other items, but these were the first I either adored or wouldn't touch!  I look forward to your reviews for January.  Do you have a fav or worst out of the new items?

Cheers.

6 comments:

  1. I have the Biennial satchel in red and that bag is good for show only. It sags the minute you put anything in it. It looks good stuffed with paper only, so I am thinking of returning it.

    I also blogged about the floral print on my blog. The dress is way too much floral, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The print on that skirt is just awful. I can hear Tim Gunn agreeing with us! J.Crew used to make some gorgeous prints but the last two years not so much. I thought the floating rose pattern was not the best either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FFM, you too! Rose, I am so glad you shared your review with me on the biennial. I was literally getting ready to purchase this. Genny, so glad you agree on the skirt! Sometimes I wonder when I put a bad review out there that it may not sit well with those that love it! Thanks ladies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year chris! Thanks for sharing various products of J. Crew

    ReplyDelete