Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sephora Reveals...Allure's Best of Beauty!

For beauty junkies like myself, you thrive on "Best of  Products"that are all beauty.  I always like to check in on these lists to see how many are gracing and crowding my vanity!

Sephora has reported Allure's Best of Beauty Awards illustrating "the best and most innovative products of the year.  That in itself is a pretty big shoe to fill, but they are all there, each with beautiful and interesting packaging which in my opinion can be the first thing that draws me to them.

I wanted to highlight just a few of these "innovative products" and why I love them:

1.  I love Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner.  While I often use a liquid liner, I prefer the ease in application of this gel-based formula.  It is easier to build the line and simple to correct.  And the beauty of this formula is that it dries quickly so it is not smudging on your lid.  It lasts ALL DAY!  I would agree that it is pretty "water resistant" this one is on my "favorite's list" for sure.

2.  Nar's blush is always on my number one product's list.  If you loved the color "orgasm" you'll love "super orgasm" even better! Compared to its sister, it has a "gold glittery" boost to this shade that is pretty perfect for just about any skin-tone.  In my opinion, this shade is pretty special and can be work during the day and layered further for an evening out.  I keep this baby on my vanity an in my purse.  And recently, I've been using two other shades for highlighting the upper cheekbone and above the eyes which really pops your eyes and cheeks.  Two of the shades I would recommend for this include Nico and Albatross.
Nico has more of natural look and Albatross more of a gold shimmer which also goes day to night.

3.  Nars Pro-Prime Multi-Protect Primer has a SPF of 30 (major bonus).  Nars boasts the "antioxidant", "anti-stress" and "anti-pollution" which protects and smoothes.  I just love how light it is on top of all of these benefits.  With so many products encouraging primer before make-up, this product includes all the things you would want to have and it prepares the skin perfectly and quickly before application of makeup.  The only negative is the size which I think they've reduced :( , but don't waste your time on the others!

4.  Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture SPF 15 lipstick, need I say more!  Rich, highly pigmented color for medium to full coverage.  It touts YSL's "red, fuchsia, and orange" reinterpretation for a "tailor-made experience for each woman.  I just love the formula that is packed with good things without the other chemicals which can be found in other lip products.  My favorite colors include 20 Rouge Flame (cranberry red, blue undertones), 13 Le Orange (bright orange) which has been a hot color for summer and I'm taking it in to Fall!  And I also love 28 Rose Boheme (pink plum) which is perfect for everyday wear.  And like all YSL's product packaging, the beautiful gold-tone case is a beautiful piece for any handbag!

5. Last but not least, love Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads.  These little pads exfoliate with a self-tanner leaving your skin absolutely radiant.  The "Alpha Beta Glow Pads" tan without the harmful UVA/UVB rays.  There is also a healthy dose of Vitamin D which is known to benefit other vitamins and antioxidants found in this formula.  Bonus:  "Gentle enough for all skin-types, vegan and cruelty-free"!

Love, love.  So check out Allure's list which is packed with some really great beauty products and tools.  "Allure's Best of Beauty" and "Reader's Choice" Awards are recognized world-wide.  That is enough for me!

Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment