Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tinsel, pouchette, really?

J. Crew, J. Crew, where have we gone wrong?  Tinsel bags, really?  Someone is going to need to do some convincing on this one if in fact it is deemed Collection and high quality...


A little sparkler of a bag made of shimmery metallic satin and covered with strips of festive tinsel. We topped it off with a grosgrain bow and a removable skinny leather strap. Poly/wool/acrylic. Drawstring closure. Hematite-plated brass hardware. Interior patch pocket. Satin acetate lining. Part of J.Crew Collection. Import.


Collection?  Import, from where, the craft store?  Yes, it is a little sparkler of a bag, but Collection-worthy I am afraid not.

I am certain my 9-year old daughter could have come up with something more chic for my Holiday accessories.  This is really embarrassing.  I am wondering if any of the JC designers called out desperate and cheap-looking, but surely they must have thought that one of us would buy this.  I almost wish I had not seen this.  I do not even think this could by styled up.  Where is the unique and classy?  Where is the notable J. Crew Collection that actually deserves $158 and not because tinsel was slapped all over it.  I am getting a little tired of a higher priced tag serving as appeal to a true piece of fashion either in clothing or accessories.  This one is a major fumble?  Any differing thoughts on this baby?

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Where is the J Crew from a few seasons ago? Their look is getting sloppy and the fit terrible. I love the label but with the collection they've put out this season, it's getting harder and harder to convince myself that I love it. The styling is just plain awful... There are a few nice pieces, but they tend to be the more classic styles. I'm not any more encouraged by the Spring line either I'm afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed that bag this morning and thought exactly the same thing!
    I'm sure we'll see it on super clearance eventually. I keep looking at all the sweaters and tops and just KNOW that Jan., Feb., and March most of them will make it to "Final Sale." hahaha I'm sure this purse will be there too.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the old J. Crew. I can't tell you how long it has been since I have wanted to buy something right away instead of waiting for the super clearances! I cannot convince myself that I really LOVE anything there of recent...:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first sight, it looks like a bird's nest. Do not wear to the park... you may end up with birds laying eggs in it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose, it does look like a bird's nest! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete