Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Love of the Sequin...J. Crew's Sequin Sweatshirt

At $98, I could barely justify purchasing not only because it is a sweatshirt, but I have literally jammed my winter wardrobe with an abundance of sequins.  So I became prey again to one of J. Crew's sparkly wonders with the sequin sweatshirt in heather dove which is like a cream or oatmeal.  I got so many complements on this one and even more than the Haya which I purchased a few weeks back.  This one is subtle and would look equally chic paired with jeans or a pencil skirt.  It is unbelievably comfy and cool!  

The bigger question is why I continue buy one gift for someone and another for me!  So if you are up for a personal splurge and into this season's sparkle like I am, than this is a great investment, if that can be considered for a sweatshirt!  What are your favorite sparkle pieces this season, J. Crew or other?

4 comments:

  1. Ha~ I keep seeing people comment on this sweatshirt, I got this w/ the last promo, so didn't pay full price. I LOVE IT!!! So comfy, cool, sparkly, and perfect! I also just got the haya sequin pullover, which is also surprisingly comfy AND pretty! Okay, two sequin sweatshirts, merry xmas to me, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny and now I don't feel so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this after seeing your post and the price was just reduced on Tuesday in stores, Wednesday online... so I was able to get a price adjustment to less than half price! It IS a great sweatshirt -- I did not like the darker colored sequin sweatshirts -- too blingy for a sweatshirt for me -- but in this light color, the sequins are much more subtle and easier to wear. Thank you for the review -- would not have purchased otherwise! Hope you were able to get the adjustment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not like the darker sequin sweatshirts either...you are so welcome and so happy you love it too! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete