Friday, December 3, 2010

Talbot's Spring 2011...Beautiful Lookbook & November's "As Seen Ins"!

Finally, something to get giddy about!  I am so glad that Talbot's is continuing a fresh, modern and unique approach to fashion.  Some have called their last couple of seasons a "reinvention" or "revival".  The Spring Lookbook  continues with the same spirit while also filled with their gorgeous classics.  They have brought back beautiful a-line skirts and dresses.  The colors range from fresh pastels to bold with teal, marigold and cream/crisp white sprinkled in.  Check out page -12- with a tan leather topcoat which I am loving!  The printed swing jacket on -23- is so sunny and adorable.  I am glad the pencil skirt returns with the same page -12- print; page -35- boasts a pencil skirt in cream/white with a daisy lace overlay.  I also love the sweet parisian floral dress on page -48-.

This is truly a collection and love how they have threaded the prints, bold colors and great shapes throughout.  I think this is hard to pull off in-store without getting off track.  This has been my major complaint with J. Crew over the last couple of years because the runway/collection simply did not translate to store.  And JC's collection items continue to be a bit eccentric for my taste and not quite deserving the category they fall within.

Talbot's keeps a slightly higher retail price on their core items, but frankly the quality remains and continues to offer surprises as well.  I am looking forward to Spring with Talbot's.  Some of the items will be released starting in January.


One last note, Talbot's was featured InStyle November 2010 highlighting their "reinvention" and shoes!

Need I say more!

Happy shopping and have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Mmm hmmm...I'm excited about Talbots for SP2012! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really liked the change in Talbots lately but never like anything when I see in IRL or on me, sigh. Had to tell you, I LOVE your collie, he looks absolutely precious. We have one full collie and a mut, the collie is the best dog I have ever owned! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah! I love when I meet or hear from people who have collies. He is absolutely the sweetest, smartest and loving animal and truly my best buddy. I get home from business trips and he runs to the back door no matter what time it is to give me a big kiss!! I always tell my husband how in love with Gordon (Gordy) our collie I am -- and that I don't what I will do when it is his time to go :(... And he is wonderful with other dogs and children as you probably know! Thanks for the posts ladies...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED the Talbots Fall collection and absolutely love the Spring line... I think they've hit it spot on. I don't want J Crew to become Talbots, but J Crew could certainly learn something from Talbots impeccable styling. They're really wearable and flattering clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne, I completely agree. J. Crew has just not done much to flatter my curvy figure the last couple of seasons but Talbot's is not only classic chic but great for many sizes and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been salivating over the spring look book for weeks. I'm not getting too excited though. The fall look book reeled me in but then many pieces didn't look the same IRL, the fit was wonky, or didn't come in my size, and some pieces - specifically shoes - didn't even make it into production. I only ended up buying 4 pairs of shoes from fall, not a single item of clothing. That said, I'm seeing quite a few spring pieces that appeal to me and I am so hoping they actually show up looking the way they do in the look book! I have all but abandoned J. Crew's overly sequined-ruffled-short skirtedness.

    ReplyDelete