Thursday, September 9, 2010

Talbots WOW...Tradition Transformed!


For anyone still thinking that Talbot's borders matronly in any way, take a look at one of their new videos called "Tradition Transformed" and here is what they say online:  

"It's Talbots like you've never seen before. Updated and Unexpected. Reimagined classics redefined with covet-me details. It's fabulous. It's feminine. It makes onlookers green with envy. See our transformation (and what everyone's been talking about)."

I love it!  I have been blogging here and there about falling in love with Talbots all over again and the video pretty much summed it up for me.  I love to reinvent, reengage, reaffirm, recreate, redefine which are all words used in this video.  How great to tout all that is new tied to a fabulous brand rooted in classic, well-made pieces that many of us have kept around in our closets year after year.  This fresh new point of view just makes me want to come back for more.  And while I've seem many comments from my fellow JCAs that would describe Talbots as merely "copy catting", I would argue that they have clearly added trends that I've seen across many brands and designers but made them look utterly Talbots and modernly chic.  My only wish is that they would move more of their new items into the stores earlier on.  They had shown a rugby type silk scarf which showed up in the styling of several catalog photos but has yet to get released if at all .  The store associates had no idea if this scarf was even available (boo!).  Anyways, I love the "reinvention".  It keeps them alive amidst a very competitive retail environment.  Frankly, they have brought me over more regularly.  I would imagine they have also picked up some consumers in different age brackets (likely younger than I)!  Hooray Talbots!  Do you like Talbots new positioning and which products are you lusting after?


9 comments:

  1. i LOVE the new talbots! i used to buy/wear about 80-90% j crew, but lately i've been much more into talbots for work and anthro for play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Talbots just needs to get the promotions and coupons on more regularly...they are awfully pricey. I don't mind paying more because the quality is superb, but more promotions would be a treat for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the re-invented Talbots. Not all of it, but enough to make me go check the store out.

    I particularly liked these 2 items I actually got to try on:

    http://1moreshoppingblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/talbots-fitting-room-confessions.html

    There's also a top in a beautiful patetrn Ema blogged about. I liked the red/black/white version of that because it goes better with my sking than green does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, there is a 20% off your full price purchase coupon in the October issue of Glamour. The online code is GLAMOUR10. It was quite a surprise to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much shopalot! That is a fabulous surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checked out the website. There is 30% off in the sale section and I found a code (026505839) that takes off an additional 20% and covers the shipping. It is final sale but there are some great buys...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a store next door to me, but never ventured. My mistake! they are. Revamping the brand- look who's modeling, ever gorgeous Linda Evangelista.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved that they chose Linda Evangelista who is one of my all-time favorite models. Love the broad range of models they are selecting...beautiful campaign.

    ReplyDelete