Saturday, October 2, 2010

J. Crew's Haya Sequin Sweatshirt...A Lovely, Casual, Glam Piece!


I never thought in a million years I would pay $135 sweatshirt, but I did with J. Crew's new Haya sequin knit.  Of course I used my white card which softened the blow, but I almost couldn't justify it.  I have been on a bit of a sequin and sparkle hunt, so this was a must-purchase for me.  I had run from the gym to my son's soccer game last night and threw it on so I did not look like a complete mess and I got so many compliments on top of the fact that it picked up the setting sun and was absolutely gorgeous.  I am going to layer it tonight and wear boots to a party.  It has become a favorite in my Fall wardrobe.  J. Crew describes as:

"Casual comfort meets glitzy glamour. We used a twisted cotton yarn and a special knitting technique to achieve this highly sought-after vintage heathered effect, then bedecked the front with allover sequins. The easiest way to dress up jeans or broken-in chinos, it also looks great peeking from beneath a blazer paired with a pencil skirt and sky-high heels. Cotton. Crewneck. Long sleeves. Part of J.Crew Collection."


Any thoughts on this piece?  Are you tied of sequins in their Collection or regular items?  Happy Fall...



5 comments:

  1. take some pics when you get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this sweatshirt, but couldn't justify the price even with 25% off. It hurt to leave it behind, though. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they'll run a promo before the 25% card expires or it will still be around in my size after markdowns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a lot like the sequined Jaspe I got this spring - such a fun piece - I get mondo compliments whenever I wear it. And it's way comfy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely sweatshirt! Enjoy wearing it!

    ReplyDelete