Saturday, October 30, 2010

J. Crew Offers Me Treats, No Tricks!


I was so excited to get a Rewards Card from J. Crew!  Finally, I feel so appreciated!  Now, holding on to it for awhile has never been my strong suit, but I think I will try to keep it a little while, maybe Christmas (ahhh, who am I kidding!)!  I have items that I have my eyes on including the Marled Alexie sweater.  I have been on a major sweater kick this Fall between J. Crew, Talbot's and Ann Taylor, the options are just fabulous.  I am also loving grey and cannot get enough of it!  The Alexie sweater looks like one of those little sweaters that could be great with a pencil skirt or crossing over to a sweatshirt-like comfy weekend sweater.  On another grey note, the merino lace shell has also caught my eye and J. Crew actually calls this color heather urban grey.  The lining is silk chiffon and love that it has a modern, more masculine gold zipper in the back.  I still love the play with masculine/fem as far as detailing goes.  

I love the drapey sequin tee in shadow.  Lace and sequins have hit a home run in my wardrobe and I think these pieces can up the outfit exponentially whether with jeans or slacks.  It is great to have a couple options when you need that extra sparkle (literally)!  I just hope that sequins do not become the "ruffles" I've grown to hate with J. Crew and where themselves out (if they have not already).

I still have the Ashbury bag on my wish list.  J. Crew describes as "bohemian chic study in contrast...  I am not sure on that, but it could go work week to weekend pretty easily which is typically how I like to consider when purchasing a bag.  I will wait until this one goes down.  Pretty for Fall though and do you like?

This is my last favorite for the day and guess what, with grey and lace printed pattern!  I couldn't resist as the Palmilla lace pencil skirt is gorgeous! I am a bit obsessed with the pencil skirts to begin with, but as JC describes, it is truly "toast-worthy".  The pencil skirt is one that J. Crew does wonderfully and time after time proves to be may favs with their leg-lengthing cut and gorgeous colors to textures.  They stay around for many years as classic pieces.

Any favorites you are still holding out for or not?  I hope everyone has a Happy and safe Halloween with lots of treats from J. Crew or other!

4 comments:

  1. I love the latest Laramie tote and satchel. I would like to take a closer look at that sequin tee before getting it. I fear all those sequins on the arms would snag easily on the body. Rhodie satchel is still on my wish list. I have a pic of it on my blog somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rewards card you're referring to is from points earned on your J Crew credit card, correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, points earned and frankly surprised myself with so much spending considering it has not been a favorite year with J. Crew. That said, my points earned reflected otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with it. The drapey top looks pretty to me, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete