Thursday, October 14, 2010

J. Crew November...Thumbs Up to Jenna's Picks!

I have to say, with winter on its way (tisk tisk!) or at least into the trenches of Fall, I was refreshed to see some fresh, updated versions of some classics.  I love the stadium cloth cinema coat with the shearling collar.  I also like the chambray shirt with the little tuxedo pleat!  I adored the lisette lace shift dress.  The heirloom pink is really feminine and I like just a touch of the lace at the neckline...kind of has a twenties feel to it.  This dress is one of those pieces that could be paired with a masculine boot or jacket and an updo and you are set for a night out!  TheWeatherby riding boots are just fantastic!  What a great touch with the lace up on a classic boot.  I also loved the shirt patterns on pages 20-21 of the catalog.  I have to say though.  

I was a little disappointed with the drab, muted robin's egg blue catalog page background.  The cover is just listless and boring.  It amazes me (as I am in Marketing), how a color can just kill the entire vibe of an otherwise great catalog with pages of beautiful clothing.  Anyways, thumbs up to Jenna's Picks.  I just wish they would make that sequin skirt a little longer (maybe Christmas??)!!!  Happy Fall and what was your most favorite item?

4 comments:

  1. I like the Lisette lace and the merino lace shells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris! I just found your blog, and I am really enjoying reading it. I notice that you really like J. Crew cashmere. I would like to buy a few cashmere items, but I wasn't sure of the quality. I have read that J. Crew cashmere starts to pill and not look nice after awhile. Do you find this to be true? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog and was wondering if you received an email talking about a special discount code between pages 20 & 21 of your November JCrew catalog? I got my catalog, but found nothing! Just wondering if anyone else got this email and couldn't find any discount code. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie! I have not had any problems with pilling on the sweaters. My secret is using their cashmere spray which has a phenomenal scent and cuts down on washing. I also use this spray on suits and dresses. It keeps clothes very fresh! Mary, sadly I did not get a discount code :( ...I was a little bummed! Rose, love the Lisette lace shell too!

    ReplyDelete