Friday, April 19, 2013

A Moment of Silence


It only seemed fitting to send prayers and support to those impacted in Boston.  As a country we have shown humanity and courage.  My sweet cousin lives in Boston and actually flew in to the city this morning.  I wanted to share a post that she wrote which was most poignant in the midst of fear and grief.  God bless those in Boston and also those affected by the West Texas explosions.

"Upon returning to Boston this morning, I have not been able to get this Steinbeck quote out of my head. Not only is 'the writer' obliged to celebrate our goodness, but 'we are.' And in the last 24 hours, I have seen endless amounts of bravery, concern and love. I am proud of my city, and I have undying hope in humanity."

"Furthermore, the writer is delegated to declare and to celebrate man's proven capacity for greatness of heart and spirit - for gallantry in defeat - for courage, compassion and love. In the endless war against weakness and despair, these are the bright rally-flags of hope and of emulation." -John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment