Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fresh and Beautiful J. Crew...Spring 2013 Wardrobe Staples!



J. Crew's April Style Guide is beautiful and well, fresh! I found this particular batch of Spring-worthies
to be more attainable focusing on those items to stock up on which in my opinion gets back to the pieces that J. Crew is  so well-known for.  Even the coveted Collection pieces are completely relatable and well aligned to the other Spring items.

I think that it is never too early to wear white so whether you are traveling to St. Bart's (where the Spring items were photographed) or just slipping on some easy, breezy pieces J. Crew does a great job. I was a little distraught that the eyelet front sweatshirt was no longer available, boo J.Crew. (Please stock up like your catalog implies us doing!).  An alternative is the Daisy Lace 3/4 Sleeve Tee which is just as pretty (and comfy)!

The Daisy Lace Mini as shown left is a cute little (emphasize little!) wardrobe staple.  This one is a great dress me up or down piece.  I only wish J. Crew would offer more curvy girl options.  Wouldn't you love an area that officially says "Plus" like other retailers such as Talbots have long offered to customers?

The Boy Shirt in Classic White is a must purchase for any season and buy a little over sized for a casual feel.  I love Blythe Blouse in Silk, so lovely...
rolling the sleeves up and throwing jeans or shorts on with this one.  If you like really oversize, then pick from the men's options which I've done before and really gives a laid back feel.  Dress up with the

Back to the positives...another fav white item is the Schoolboy Blazer in Tipped Linen.  I love the grosgrain tipping with matching buttons.  This blazer is a favorite of mine and cut beautifully to where to the office or with a pair of jeans.

Pick a pack of No. 2 Pencils? The No. 2 Pencil Skirt comes in a beautiful array of colors and materials.
The double serge cotton is a favorite of mine and I love the slightly longer length that this skirt provides.  This skirt also comes in eyelet tweed, martel wash, denim, jacquard, tuxedo, appliquéd, scalloped lace, raffia stripe, floral printed, ecru washed, stretched suede, wool, super fine cotton, lustre twill, Super 120's and silk!  There is a skirt for everyone in this No. 2...it's definitely a wardrobe staple.

How about a Liberty Art Fabric known for its beautiful printed florals or a chambray button-down? This is a another stock up for me and there are sumptuous colors and prints for Spring.  My personal favorite is the Perfect Shirt in Citrus Print.  This is a sunny staple that screams, "I am ready for Spring"! Well, not really, but you get the point...

The Havana Clutch is a great staple clutch which I actually
got in a previous season; favorite color is fuchsia, but it also comes in natural gold or black wicker for a more conservative look.  This is definitely a day to night little
clutch and I am glad it returned for Spring.

And how about the Quorra Ballet Flat which I adore because it is super comfortable.  I love the neon pink which is not really neon, more of a muted and pastel pink.  I love all of J. Crew's ballet flats.  The Collection Daisy Chain Ballet Flat reminds me of my favorite little girl Easter shoes, but they are all grown up - except for the $225 price tag :(...
So go bold or a little neutral.  This is another staple that you can't go wrong with and there are enough subtle style changes and colors/prints so you won't get bored with this little shoe.  I love to see this shoe return season after season.

What are your favorite stock up items?  Do you think J. Crew is more focused on their traditional roots?  Whatever they are doing, they're doing it right.  Spring has sprung at J. Crew and I love it!

Cheers...





No comments:

Post a Comment