Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pantone's Fashion Colors...One Stop Shop for Seasonal Color Trends!

If you've not had a chance to visit Pantone's Fashion Colors by season then you are missing a great opportunity to get a head's up on those colors that will be hot.  Pantone also has many fashion designers weighing in on their inspirations.  You may have also seen my recent post on Sephora's new collaboration with Pantone featuring the "Color of the Year" which is Tangerine Tango (see Instagram Pop-Up Color Shop in the Meatpacking for #sephorapantone.

On the Pantone site, you will see the Fashion Color Report which currently features 2012's Spring and Fall color palettes!  The Designer Outlooks are where some of fashion's hottest designers reveal their inspiration, colors and must-have items for upcoming seasons.

Tangerine Tango is actually hot across both season!  I must say, it is one of my favs and paired with Bellflower(left), it is beautiful!

So here are both Spring and Fall's hottest colors by Pantone!

Spring 2012


Fall 2012

I loved Nanette Lepore's Outlook for Spring...


inspiration

We love the mix of hot neon colors with soft pastels, reminiscent of nature at its extremes: a powerful sunset, the ocean sparkling at dusk with flashes of lightning in the distance


prominent colors

Neon Flamingo, Shocking Pink, Acid Lemon, Electric Blue, Sea Breeze, Lilac, Hint of Purple and Sand; Neon Flamingo paired with the heat of Shocking Pink and a Cool Hint of Purple, Acid Yellow tempered with the softness of Seabreeze and Lilac

signature color

Neon Flamingo for its vibrancy paired with our new neutral, Hint of Purple

must-have item

The "new suit" — a nipped jacket with a full structured skid

One of my other fans under the Spring colors is "Cockatoo" which is a light blue/green.

If you are fashion or color challenged, particularly when 

color blocking or pairing up complimentary colors together, 

this is a great place to start.  You can get a mini-training on 

colors and how they work to make you look

fabulous!  


Also, please visit my Pinterest boards where I have a range 
of colors and one of my
favorites is my Jewel Tones where 
I have the brightest, richest and most beautiful colors
all in one place!

See this beautiful bird which I've pinned and this definitely speaks to 
Tangerine Tango! 

Happy Pinning and let me know what some of your favorite Pantone colors
are and why you are inspired by them.

Cheers!







1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I am glad that you like my blog and I do love posting. It is a great release each week to get lost in fun fashion, beauty...I will visit your blog as well. Hugs to you! Chris

    ReplyDelete