Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Friday (ok, so I'm a bit early)...some things on my "love" list!

If you are a fan you know that Bobbi Brown's Beach fragrance was M.I.A. for awhile due to repackaging; same fragrance, new design.  I never knew I would miss a scent so much and here is why.  This scent takes me to the beach in a minute and smells like all the wonderful things associated with it such as ocean/sand, suntan lotion, mandarin and fresh sheets.  Well, mostly the fresh sheets because I spray this little wonder of a summer scent on my pillow, comforter, sheets and oh, me!  I have my daughter hooked as well.  If you like to layer then definitely get the body lotion.  Every time I spray it on, I return to the beaches in the Outer Banks, N.C.

To get that bronzed look without going to the beach, I picked up Guerlain by Emilio Pucci Terra Azzurra Powder Bronzer and Blush. This is a collaboration between fashion and beauty.  It is half bronzer and half blush which I love.  It is just enough to give my fair skin a natural looking sun-kissed glow.  And it comes in a Pucci printed pouch!  This is a great buy for Summer and looks adorable too!


What's next? I am going to get a mani/pedi this weekend and just got a fabulous new color from Chanel.  The color is Delight, #607 and part of their 2012 Summer Collection.  This is one of those colors that I am going to use over and over.  Do you remember an OPI color called Kyoto Pearl - an unbelievably shimmery, pearly/silvery color which I believe is still available?  Well, I used this so much and Chanel's Delight reminds me of what the opposite would look like with hints of gold - perfect for Summer!

On to my weekend which I hope to do nothing!  Outside of the normal running around from ballet to baseball and everything in between, I think I will take some time to chill with a great book.  I have been dying to leaf through a couple of books - "Flea Market Chic, the thrifty way to create a stylish home" (Liz Bauwens) and "a perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent life" (Mary Randolph Carter), both can be purchased through Amazon.com.  If I could actually find enough time to haunt any flea markets, I would be able to better follow suit, but I love looking at books like these because I store images in my brain for how I would like to see things come together and I always feel inspired when going through them.  I think it is the details and the eclectic pieces that give the inside of a home character.  I am thinking that my house is anything but "kept" so I think the second book and I are going to connect on many levels!

All in all, this is going to be a casual weekend including the wardrobe.  I have a couple pieces which will go well for this mood.  Eileen Fisher's new Spring items are coming in and I recently picked up her white gauze scarf which is beautiful.  With that, picked up the Poncho in Pintucked Gossamer Crepe, which can be worn over a cami or tee and is a great weekend wear-all -- just enough warmth for cooler Spring days.

So, all I need to do is get through Friday and off I go to a weekend of rest and relaxation, right!!  In all seriousness, we all need a little time to unwind so I hope you will find a some time carved out for yourself.

It is officially almost Friday (EST), so cheers to a great weekend! Oh, and how could I forget - Happy Mother's Day to me and all the wonderful moms out there.  You definitely deserve some peace, love and some time to do things just for you!  I hope you have a happy, happy day.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the Beach Fragrance all I could think about was Kramer doing underwear modeling for Calvin Klein.

    Everything in my life connects somehow to Seinfeld!!

    ReplyDelete