Saturday, March 24, 2012

J. Crew's Tillary Tote is the Perfect Kick-Off to Spring!

I happened to go to J. Crew's "Final Sale" a couple days ago and saw the Tillary Tote which I immediately clicked on because it went down to $159.99 from its initial price of $228.  The click actually took me to the handbags section and I thought it was a mistake, but sure enough this was its first mark-down.  I am a happy girl because I saw this a few weeks ago in the store and absolutely loved it.  J. Crew describes as:


Thanks to our detail-obsessed design team, this tote doesn't skimp on style, quality or function. In bold-striped canvas with specially developed leather trim, it's just the right mix of sass and sophistication to welcome warmer weather. Perfect at the beach or out for drinks, it's loaded with lots of extra pockets to keep things organized inside and out. Linen/cotton canvas with leather trim. Zip closure. Brass-finish hardware. Interior zip pocket, split-patch cell pocket. Cotton twill lining. Comes with dust bag. Import. 6" handle drop. 11 1/2"H x 19 1/2"W x 3 5/8"D.




This bag is incredibly roomy and I love the canvas with leather trim.  I am glad that I waited it out at least for this first mark-down because I nearly bought it full-price which I almost never do.  I love the bright red and blue which reminds me of summers at the shore.


I love the brass-finish detail on the hardware.  I don't really see taking this one to the beach but more for a work tote or even a travel bag.  Get one while you can.  The price is well worth the purchase.  It is a great bag to welcome warmer weather...love, love, love!

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I love this bag. Contemplating on whether to get it in leather or canvas. I was looking at the canvas (brown and white) but that isn't available anymore.

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it fit over your shoulder? I love this bag but can't decide if I will use it if it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure as to whether it fits over the shoulder so will let you know once it arrives. It is only a 6 inch handle drop which is not that much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a follow up - this bag does not fit over the shoulder. It is very roomy otherwise, but held by handle straps only. Overall, I love this bag and it will be great for Summer!

    ReplyDelete