Sunday, March 4, 2012

J. Crew Fall 2012...Exclusive Sketches and Collection Photographs!

Exclusive to J. Crew
Exclusive to J. Crew



Thanks to Flare.com, found these adorable sketches exclusive to J. Crew previewing Fall pieces for 2012. I know, we can barely get to Spring, but I was so totally enamored by some of this collection, that I had to share immediately.  


I am still loving the texture, the prints, the mismatch from one print to another.  A stripe and a print, anything seems to go.  I love the vibrant, bright jewel tones which will be beautiful for this season to come.
This particular collection in my mind, is the J. Crew I remember with a modern flair.  With Fall comes a return to the classic prepster with some high-end pieces to make it more lavish and collectible.  See the pictures of the Fall 2012 Collection over at  Flare.com - J.Crew Fall 2012 Collection - J.Crew Fall 2012 - Flare.com.


I was ready for a breath of fresh air from J. Crew and this feels like it might hit the mark.  I really love the glam mixed with casual which make these pieces more attainable, more fun and with a complete take of its own.   I think it is preppy for the older girls!


I am immediately attracted to leather mixed with wool, silk and faux fur, leather and cotton jersey...the collection pushes the boundaries without pushing it over the edge.  I feels J. Crew in kind of a designer way without trying to be something or someone else.


I can remember in seasons past that the pieces felt out of place and trying to burst their way through a sea of designers with more notable names.  


And I love the accessories with beautiful bags most notably.  I love the eclectic print on leather which feels more like unique verses simple and classic.   And there are still beautiful favorites from pumps to gloves in standout colors.



I love the sophisticated layering so you can go from turtleneck, sweater and blazer down to one with Fall's unpredictable weather (at least in the Midwest)!  Beauty on the runway was again simple, but classic with slicked back pony tails and a bright red or pink lip.  I personally love this because it allows the clothing to take a beautiful center stage.  And this collection deserves it.  The clothing translate wonderfully from weekend to workday and cocktails to glam night.  This is the first double thumbs up that I have had in awhile with J. Crew so congrats to the those who had a hand in this line.


What do you think of this Fall Collection?


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment