Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Tuesday, Happy Sephora!

sephora.com

Guess what? Sephora just got a face lift and it looks oh, so fabulous.  I am already a cult-follower and so imagine my surprise to see this little lift (well, kind of a major one)!  Some enhanced features include a more advanced product finder, "Advice on Demand" and a very thoughtful approach to being the "Ultimate Beauty Resource."  That feature in itself was a major hot button for me with more organized and enhanced pages on Trends, Sephora TV and Pinterest (yeah!).  I love having the option to share, "PinIt", Tweet or Facebook "Like" it on all the products.  

Top 10 I Kate Walsh

I really love the new look of the site too with more white space or at least the illusion using striking

product/tools graphics (see Best Selling Brushes) and
eye-catching text.

I will admit that it is even more fun now to go to the site.  Prior to the revamp, I would usually go to the site with product in mind, but now that the sections are laid out in a way that is more attention grabbing, I am spending more time on the site.  "It Lists" for example, is now one of my fav sections with text title/headers that make it far easier to navigate lists with each click-thru to the next page being as graphically beautiful as the last.  I love the celeb Top 10 as featured currently with Kate Walsh.

Ok, and how about "The Color of the Year" which is a partnership with Sephora and Pantone as the "beauty authority" with "the global color authority"...I won't spill it all, but the concept is genius and makes complete sense.  Let me know if you were intrigued enough to shop the fabulous color!?  Tangerine Tango, well, no one said there was a collaboration on copy, but catchy enough!

So now you know what I spent my time doing on Tuesday night and it was a great ride!  Let me know if you've seen the updated site and what your thoughts are.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment