Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"Grab Bag - {the prettiest, sparkliest and most spectacular} New Year's Dresses!"

Let me start by saying that I love staying in on New Year's.  We rarely do.  There is a certain buzz in the air when getting ready for such a pretentious sort of evening.  The rooms are filled with sparkling, glistening and flashy dresses that take us to a place you just don't visit everyday.  Ok, well - it is like wonderland.  Add a little champagne and New Year's becomes a  magical evening, but once a year.  I am not wearing a glamorous dress this year; in fact I'm hoping to be as comfortable as possible while playing cards with some friends.

I did however want to share a few dreamy dresses that I would have love to worn if the event so required.  Are you going somewhere fancy? I'd love to hear what wonderful apparel you wear or worn by the time you have read this.

Chloe'
Net-A-Porter did an amazing job with this week's list showcasing ultra-glam wears to ring the new year in or for a special event.  My absolute favorite was worn on the cover of "The Edit" by supermodel Fei Fei Sun. This gorgeous hot pink dress was by Chloe' and the jewelry by Oscar de la Renta.  All I can say is "swoon".  I am a true girl's girl with pink on my regular menu and this dress carries it oh so right.  I don't know how one couldn't make a statement in this beauty, although being Fei Fei helps too!

Featured right, Thakoon.
"The Edit" featured one more that I had to mention by Thakoon, shoes by Bruno Magli; necklace by Jennifer Meyer; pendant by Ines and Vinoodh; ring by Sophie Bille
Brahe; bag by Charlotte Olympia.  I love the draping and the pastel pink, just a hint.  It is just the right amount of sexy and a little bit of sweet.

David Meister
fashionstyleblog featured 10 New Years Eve Party Dresses for Last Minute Shoppers and one and one stood out for me by David Meister, always classic and beautiful.  It has this stunning embroidered lace and ruched front which is flattering for so many shapes.  This is one of those dresses that can be worn over time.  I'm always on the hunt for a new "lbd".

And since 2014 is the Year of the Horse, silver has been anointed its color pairing.  The fringe is a nice touch considering the sign.  Any of the below dresses would fit the bill! I like that they are youthful, sexy, but classic and really sparkly!  Photos taken from a site called Latest Trends.
If you do not want to spend $ on a brand new holiday dress, I recommend piling on the sparkles and baubles.  Layering jewelry has been a big trend this year and I have found that it can really bring a little black dress to a new height of party.

Saint Laurent
Rolan Mouret
I think my greatest discovery this season is mytheresa which is "one of the world's leading online stores for luxury fashion." They launched in 2006 and feature over 180 top international designers.  They will work with you all the way and so if you are looking for superior service to find the hottest
and most glamorous trends, this is the way to go! This beautiful Saint Laurent dress is the perfect mix of glam and simplicity.  mytheresa then suggests styling options for coats to shoes, etc.  Check them out!

Where ever you go over the holidays, be safe and be healthy. I wish you all a happy New Year!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment