Tuesday, July 17, 2012

NARS 2012 Fall Collection!

I have to admit that I am feeling a little guilty for wanting to indulge right now in beautiful makeup given my role at work was just eliminated, HOWEVER - and once again, I am simply in love with NARS and his latest collection for Fall 2012.  It is absolutely breathtaking.  And, the more that I thought about it, it makes me appreciate it even more since I am taking time to make myself feel good and really enjoying the products.  If you didn't notice, I just justified my upcoming purchases!

Kristen McMenamy without makeup
Each product in this latest collection is divine from the smokey and mysterious eye color to the rich autumnal lip color which I cannot wait to get!  My first attraction to this set was through NARS fabulous choice of models, Kristen McMenamy who you may recall as one of the 90s iconic supermodels.  I was blown away with how flawless her foundation looked which had Siberia Sheer Matte Foundation and Snow Loose Powder.  The new Multiple, Undress Me was also used on her cheeks.  I love how fully lined her eyes were with the Black Moon eyeliner pencil.  The new eye colors (High Society 3 color and Vent Glace' two color sets) were applied boldly for this striking look.  On her lips are the Papua Lip Liner Pencil topped with the Belize Lip Gloss.

Outlaw
Rouge Tribal Larger Than
Life Lip Gloss
I was thrilled with the new sheer lipstick Autumn Leaves and the Pure Matte Lipstick Amsterdam.  These rich colors are at the top of my buy list.  And I also cannot wait to get the Outlaw blush.  I wear the Super Orgasm blush daily and this new color is a little deeper which is going to work well with the other.  Rouge Tribal Larger Than Life Lip Gloss is beautiful!  It has a deep, rich brick red color to it. It is a burgundy with metallic as it's described.

I have featured these before, but this beautiful makeup is all a waste without knowing how to best apply. So check out the NARS Artistry How-To-Films which make application virtually goof proof.  It is like having your own makeup artist right at your service!  I am hoping they add another one for the Fall collection.  I would love to see how to best apply the eye colors as they were done on McMenamy.  I really like the foundation films so that you can really focus on creating the perfect base for all this makeup.  I feel like if you don't get that right, then the whole look just seems off.

High Society Trio Eyeshadow
There is also a new Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in More and an Opaque Nail Polish in Storm Bird.  I cannot sing enough praises on this collection.  It is rare that I like every single product with the release of these collections, but I am seriously considering buying all of the products! And again, it is great to see Kristen McMenamy again for this campaign.  She was and still is one of my favorite models of all time.  She is the perfect blend of edgy and mysterious for NARS and this Fall collection.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment